Sunday July 10 – Thursday July 14, 2016
Lewis Creek Park, Foster Lake
It’s just about that time!? So much planning and preparation, with more yet to do.? But, below is some vital information as a basis / starting point for the 2016 Oregon Open Water tournament coming up soon:
- Open Water Dates are Sunday July 10th – Thursday July 14th.? Games are Monday-Wednesday, but just as important is all the time and energy to setup (mostly Sunday) and tear-down (mostly Thursday).
- The Games Schedule:
(NOTE: There may yet be changes to the posted Schedule. Things come up!? Hopefully only tweaks and subtle adjustments… but please keep that in mind.
- U14s have games scheduled!? A great experience to take part in the game unlike any you’ll ever get in any pool.
- Tournament games will be posted around the lake and camping area.? They will be updated regularly.
- The WVWP Calendar “Oregon Open Water – Foster Lake” event will have the schedule for each course. As a Google Sheet, this will be updated live as games progress. (Again, the link there presently is subject to change, but generally it is set.)
- USA WP event:? All players and coaches (including U14s) will need to bring your USA WP card and photo ID to each game.? Referees will be checking.? Similarly, trim those nails.
- Player Registration: wvwp.org has the Player Open Water Tournament Registration form available.? Those families who met their 5 hours during the season enjoy entry to Open Water for only $25.
- Volunteer Time during the tournament: In addition to the 5 hours during the season, each family should select 5 hours (or more – there’s much to do!) of volunteer time during the Open Water tournament.? Sign up early, and get the spots you want!? Please plan to arrive 15 minutes early for your time to learn the needs of the position.
Keep in mind that your 5 hours volunteer time during Open Water for WVWP is separate from any volunteering you do with your high school teams (e.g. scorer’s tables).
More to come, and if any questions, please contact us so we can get any follow-up information out to all.? It’s going to be great!