About Willamette Valley Water Polo
Willamette Valley Water Polo has been providing a positive, competitive experience for Albany water polo as well as Salem water polo since 2002, culminating with the incredible Oregon Open Water Tournament. Our coaching staff is experienced as players, and trained as coaches. We have been an integral part of USA Water Polo’s Olympic Development Program (ODP) coaching staff since its introduction in the Northwest many years ago. Our goal is to provide a positive place for young athletes in Albany, Salem, and surrounding areas to learn and compete in the sport of water polo through an experienced coaching staff and teams for all ages and abilities including:
- Boys, Girls, and Co-ed
- Master’s (post-High School)
- 18 and under (High School)
- 16 and under (High School)
- Age Group (14 and under)
We provide a reasonable fee structure which includes:
- a single fee for our entire 6 month season (generally, mid January – mid July) which includes Team T-shirt (with no additional pool use fees)
- membership in USA Water Polo (our sponsoring body) required
- other optional out of state tournaments based upon travel costs
- participation in the premier Oregon Open Water Water Polo tournament in the country: 3 day tournament money based upon “hard” costs to the club
- payment plans available
- some scholarships and financial aid (for registration fee only) available
- learn more about Albany and Salem water polo club membership
- Registration to play with Willamette Valley Water Polo will open in January
I have had the honor and privilege of running water polo camps for the Willamette Valley Water Polo Club (WVWP) for many years. Steve Sessa and I have developed a great relationship which has allowed us both to grow into better coaches for our athletes. Due to Coach Sessa?s guidance and his dedication to sharing his love of the game with youth in the Willamette Valley area, this club is now nationally known in the USA Water Polo community. I strongly recommend WVWP to any young athlete interested in water polo. The program will teach them sportsmanship, discipline, dedication, hard work, respect, and will ignite in them a love of the game.
I look forward to continuing this great relationship with WVWP, and to being a part of their great annual Oregon Open Water Polo Tournament in the future.
former USA Men?s Coaching Staff
WVWP is the only water polo organization in Oregon affiliated with Terry Schroeder, head coach of Pepperdine University Men’s Water Polo Team.