|SATURDAY, 11 December|
Zoom link https://us05web.zoom.us/j/82736540582?pwd=SlN0empzWjlRZG9WZ01iY0pybm5pdz09
|Please join us for the annual water polo board/parent meeting.|
We will discuss upcoming season and our upcoming Open Water Tournament
Any questions: Email Tamirmontague55@hotmail.com or Coach Steve WVWPCoach@outlook.com
When?: ?Saturday, October 31st, 2020 (make-up days available)
Where: ?Albany Comm. Pool
Times: ARRIVE 15 MIN EARLY TO GET AN ASSIGNED LANE
- Hatchlings and Bronze: 9:30-10am (30 mins)
- Silver: 9:30-10:15 (45 mins)
- Gold and Polo: 10:15-11:15 (one hour)
Each swimmer please try to get $200 in donations!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
Why: Willamette Valley Aquatics (Albany Swim Team and Willamette Valley Waterpolo) only hold one fundraiser per year.? We use the funds to help those who need financial assistance, buy new equipment, and KEEP YOUR MONTHLY DUES LOW! Without being able to host swim meets or polo tournaments, this fundraiser is going to be one of our only sources of income for the year.
Goal: To SWIM AS MANY LENGTHS AS YOU CAN and receive pledges for swimming.? All swimmers will try to get pledges from family, friends, neighbors, and family business connections. Some people will pledge by the length (let them know about how many you are likely to swim) and most will give a flat donation.? Some people will just give you money or a check right on the spot.? If they give you a check, please have them make it out to WVA and give them a tax receipt.? Please take an adult with you or go in pairs for older swimmers.
Types of pledges:
“Door to door” – Go to family and friends, record it on your pledge sheet and give tax receipts when someone gives you money.? Checks should be made out to WVA. Collect by November 15th.
Business connection donations– We can help promote businesses that donate $300 by putting them in our heat sheets and on our website.? Donations over $600 can get a banner posted on our wall during swim meets and polo tournaments as well.? Logo of business will also be placed on one of our club cargo trailers.? If you have someone interested, talk to Coach Kenzie and she can help.
ALL DONATIONS ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE! Our non-profit tax ID# is 46-0487792, so use that information to encourage donations. You will hand your donor a receipt, when you receive payment in the form of a check to WVA or cash. Bring them with you when you get pledges, because some people will donate on the spot.
Any participant: Halloween candy bag
2nd place: Trailblazers silicone swim cap and “get out of set free” card.
1st place: One night FREE at ANY Marriott, expires 3/21.? Some exclusions apply.
ANYONE WHO RECEIVES OVER $200 in pledges: Collaborate and write a set that Coach Kenzie and Coach Steve will swim. You guys will be the coaches.
We will be starting fall polo on September 19th open to all ages at the Albany pool 10 am to 12 pm. We realize with the postponement of the high school polo season there is a need for the kids to get in some much need physical activities as well as some mental relief. We will be managing these practices with all the current guidelines of the state of Oregon, Albany Pool and the CDC so as to maintain a safe and fun place for the kids to come each Saturday. These practices will be free to all current WVA members; for non-members wishing to get a little pool time or preparation for the ?spring? High School season a $25.00 per month fee will be assessed.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to email me firstname.lastname@example.org.
Executive Director Willamette Valley Aquatics
Willamette Valley Water Polo and Albany Swim Team
The WVWP YouTube page has been updated from a couple recent tournaments:
Check them out and subscribe to the WVWP YouTube page get updates as more WVWP videos get posted.
2018 Spring League is here
For any who might have missed the Parent Meeting on Saturday February 24th, you can review the presentation (PDF) shown during that gathering.? Some important take-aways:
- Player Registration: before any game play is allowed, players must Register with WVWP and USA Water Polo. Details, steps for registration with links on the WVWP Learn More page.
Dues cover pool costs for all practices throughout the season.
- Parent Volunteering: each family is expected to contribute 5 hours volunteering time before Oregon Open Water (mid-July), as well as 5 hours WVWP volunteering time at Open Water. Volunteers are the only way the club can operate, and manage to keep dues as low as they are.
Take a look at the Volunteers Sheet and place your name in a cell.? If you are not sure of a job’s duties but are willing to learn more about this sport, there will be someone to assist/train/work with you.
1. There are multiple tabs at the bottom of the Google Sheet.
2. The sheet will change as we get closer to events, once there are schedules for games to determine needs. Check back frequently.
- TruWest Oregon Open Water: July 8 (Sunday) – July 12 (Thursday).? Games are Monday-Wednesday, but some players and parents will be required to help with setup Sunday night; others with teardown Thursday. More info on the Oregon Open Water page on the site.
- Junior Olympics and Oregon Elite Polo (OEP): the teams in our spring league are working together to assemble teams to go to Junior Olympics in San Jose at the end of July. Potential age groups are U12, U14, U16, & U18.? More on the OEP page.
David Douglas is hosting the kick-off to the 2018 season tomorrow (March 3).? As mentioned above, players must be registered before play in the Jamboree (schedule on calendar).
In addition to wvwp.org, and periodic emails such as this one, we recommend parents and players both get the TeamApp phone app for Android and iPhone. Once you install, look for WVWP and ask to join. You’ll be approved shortly thereafter.
WVWP CLUB EMAIL LIST